Post by scarlettnelsonus on Aug 7, 2018 9:16:43 GMT
Soft resetting means simply restarting the device without tempering and deleting its internal data. The steps to perform soft reset are given below:
• pick up the remote and locate home button on it
• click it for five times
• click on arrow button once
• click rewind button twice then fast forward for the same number of times
With hard resetting on the device, all the data will get erased from the system and you will not find any files left in your system.
Hard resetting with the menu: If the soft resetting doesn’t work for you, then the only option left with you is to perform a hard reset. Although this will delete all the files but this will definitely solve your problem.
• Open the device screen and click on ‘Settings’. You need to locate ‘System’ menu under settings option.
• Click on it and then go to ‘Factory Reset’ option.
• You will be prompted for this action. Click to continue.
Enter the code on-screen. Roku will give you a code to enter, and may ask for a combination of button presses as well. Follow the instructions, and your Roku will be back to factory settings in just a few minutes.